From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:08:08 -0500
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Carrie Fager <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> A General Counsel for one of our state agencies is concerned that the
> President's signing of the Ledbetter Fair Pay Act removing the 300 day
> statute of limitations for filing a wage-related discrimination claim
> means that payroll records will need to be kept longer than the 5
> calendar years that most agencies here are keeping payroll and timesheet
> records.

here is a link to the text of the bill
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Lilly_Ledbetter_Fair_Pay_Act_of_2009

"liability may accrue and an aggrieved person may obtain relief as provided
in subsection (g)(1), including recovery of back pay for up to two years
preceding the filing of the charge,"

here is the wikipedia article about the legislation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_Ledbetter_Fair_Pay_Act_of_2009

"The *Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009*, which states that the
180-day statute
of limitations <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_limitations> for pay
discrimination resets with each new discriminatory paycheck,"

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended
for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.
You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or
the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

TIAA-CREF