From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:41:09 -0800
Paul;

You have some excellent responses to your questions.
I go along with the 50KB per 8.5x11 business document page.

Without know more about the projects requirements it would be difficult to
recommend a vendor or an imaging software product.
37,000,000 images can be scanned by a small service bureau (or in-house)
over a 3 year period or within 2 months by some of the larger imaging
vendors.

But I agree with Paul; why spend (easily $4,000,000) to convert inactive
paper documents to inactive digital images.

Best Regards;

John

...John Glover
...707-773-1257
516 Albert Way
Petaluma, CA 94954
www.linkedin.com/in/johnrglover
www.home.earthlink.net/~fyiglover

am trying to calculate the disk storage requirements for 15,000 standard
storage boxes, we are looking at scanning the content and placing it into
our current ECM application.  I can't say exactly what or how much content
is in each box but if anyone has a suggestion with regard to single sheets
e.g one single sheet  = X number of KB, that would give me something to
work from.

> I have tried the usual suspects but can't seem to find anything that
may give me a ballpark figure, to help in this calculation.

> I would also be interested in any information users might have on
companies that provide the services to scan that amount of information.

> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...
>
> Thanks
> Paul

present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the
message.