From:
Julie Colgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:39:34 -0400
Hi all,

I am putting together an internal marketing piece on our document management
system to encourage its use by a larger segment of our employees.  One of
the target audiences is our membership - the shareholders - who are often
most encouraged when a propsal will have a positive effect on the
profitability of our firm.

That being the case, I'm hoping to get some anectodal - or factual -
feedback from this esteemed group on what you have experienced with regard
to the effect an EDMS (or other similar system - EDRMS, etc.) has had on the
volume of paper being purchased and/or being maintained by your
organizations.  If you would, I'd be grateful if you'd answer the following
questions for me:

1. Has the implementation of an EDMS reduced the amount of paper your
organization buys and/or stores?  If so, by what percentage have your paper
costs reduced?

2. How long did it take, after implementation of your EDMS, for a reduction
in paper costs to be realized?

3. When purchasing your EDMS, what were the ROI factors that most
contributed to the "buy" decision: hard cost savings (reduced paper
purchasing and storage costs, etc.) or soft cost savings (employee
efficiency, improved info re-use, etc.).

4. Have any of you seen it more as a cost shift from paper costs to cost of
scanning activities, resulting in a flat ROI?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice!

Julie

Julie J. Colgan
http://twitter.com/juliecolgan
http://www.linkedin.com/in/juliejcolgan