From:
"Vandenberg, Erin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:31:42 -0500
In April I'm hosting an appreciation event for the employees at my
organization that have been designated as "records coordinators".  Some
places call these employees "RIM Reps" or "Records Management Liaisons"
or what have you.  Essentially they are employees who don't work for me
but who have been designated as the records management "go-to" person in
their department.  As part of my event, I want to give them some tips on
how to promote our RIM policies within their department.

What suggestions do you have for me to pass on?

So far I've thought of:

*Putting posters/fliers on their shred bins and file cabinets
*Targeting the staff who create files and/or the people who do the
actual filing to discuss whether or not there is a space-crunch in the
current filing system and why that might be
*Listen for complaints/comments about lack of space, inability to locate
files, slow computers or server response-time (might indicate too many
files) and tell these people that the RM department can help and
follow-up with requests for training
*Sit down with all new employees within their department to go over
retention schedule and policy

Anything else?  We're also a fledgling program (less than a year old)
and rather decentralized (no records center, no standardized shredding
procedures) so keep that in mind.

Feel free to respond off-list.

Thanks!
Erin Vandenberg