From:
"Nemchek, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:45:17 -0700
Has anyone developed an instructional procedure for either RIM staff or business unit personnel on how to manually clean up existing stores of unclassified and/or abandoned e-records that exist in shared drives?  By manually, I mean without the assistance of sophisticated tagging or text-mining technologies.  The goal of such an exercise is to eliminate redundancy, duplication and valueless records while at the same time re-naming and re-organizing e-records into structured file plan(s).  I'm aware of the Information Organization & Access (IOA) Certificate Program offered by AIIM which specifically addresses this area, and I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has taken any module of this program and is willing to comment on its value.  However, I'm most interested in hearing from anyone who has tackled this RIM task manually and who has developed an effective implementation process for carrying out shared drive clean-up activities.  Please reply if you're willing to share or if you can point me towards any resources I may have missed.  Thanks very much.

--Lee

[cid:image001.jpg@01C9B7A8.38783300]
Lee R. Nemchek, MLS, CRM
Vice President, Records Management