From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:22:17 -0400
Hi Sara, and all our other new subscribers,

Another excellent resource is your local ARMA chapter. Sara, with your being in
Longmont, the ARMA Northern Colorado Chapter is probably closest
(http://www.northerncoloradoarma.org); there is also a very robust chapter in
Denver (http://www.armadenver.org) and a brand-new chapter forming on the
Western Slope.

Frankly, I'd also suggest a bit of Googling around and noodling through this
list's archives - there are a significant number of public-sector and specifically
municipal records managers on the list and many government agencies
including municipalities post some of their stuff online.  I generally start by
going to the state website and searching for "records management" to
determine who the controlling agency is and then look at their resources.

As has been recently mentioned in other contexts, the NY State Archives are
particularly helpful in the amount of information available on their website. Not
to slight CO or other jurisdictions, many of whom also have stuff available, but
NY's stuff is just great and extensive in its breadth and depth of coverage.

Hope this helps - do let me know if I can provide any home-town (well, almost)
assistance! :)

Cheers,

Jesse Wilkins
(303) 574-0749 direct