From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:50:40 -0600
Hi all, and with apologies for cross-posting,
Many of you know that I do a lot of work in the area of email management. I
also do a lot of speaking in this area and have done a number of half- and
full-day seminars on email management, including several ARMA Spring
Seminars last year and this year. And I developed and teach the AIIM Email
Management Certificate Program.

With that as background, I'd like to ask the members of these august lists
what your most pressing email management issue is. That is, if you went to a
seminar on email management, what is the top issue or issues that you'd need
to be able to address at the other end of the seminar? Is it identifying
which messages should be captured as records? How to manage email messages
to ensure their integrity and authenticity? Whether an email archiving
solution can meet your records management requirements? Something else?

In full disclosure, while I am very good at compartmentalizing, some of your
primary impetus for this. Instead, it is an ARMA-related thing I am working
on. As you can see, I have a number of ideas already, but I'd welcome any of
your thoughts based on your past experience or current pain points. Feel
free to respond privately or directly to the list, whichever you are more
comfortable with; unless you tell me otherwise in your message I will keep
any responses in strictest confidence. Once I receive your responses I will
list just the problems/issues in bullet point fashion and stripped of any
potentially identifying information or circumstances.

--
Regards,

Jesse Wilkins
blog: http://informata.blogspot.com