From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:51:29 -0500
I was amused by the posting that you included for the ECM vendors.
While a few firms have done a good job of incorporating the tools that
facilitate better management of electronic records, very few have done a
good job of supporting clients with knowledgeable implementation and
consulting staff.  The one statement that rings true is that "all the
technology in the world isn't going to save them".  What some still
don't get...is that it's not solely about the technology!

Ok, now on to the AIIM show.  I attended out of curiosity...... and was
somewhat concerned that the print industry folks (OnDemand) seemed to
have more booth space and more attendance.  However, that's only my
impression.  The show floor was less busy than in past years, and some
afternoons - most notably the very first afternoon was not at all busy.

I cannot comment on the sessions, since I did not attend any, but heard
that the session quality was fairly typical of a large
national/international conference with 50% or so of the sessions meeting
the demands of a fairly discerning audience.  Attendance at the sessions
- NOT including the keynote sessions - tended to be in the range of 30 -
40 from those I polled on an informal basis.

Is AIIM worth attending?  I'd have to use Larry Medina's favorite two
words "...it depends"...... It was worthwhile for me, since it was the
first one I had been to in several years, and since I had some specific,
narrow objectives.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+

email:    [log in to unmask]