From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:06:32 -0400
Peter:

Sitting here bedside with my dad in a hospital.  Below is this hospital's, brief as it is, description of their EHR System from their website.  The only paper records I have seen in the last 24 hours was what the paramedics handed off with him yesterday afternoon in the ER, and I also noted that the portable registration carts the staff uses to collect patient data have scanners on then so they likely scanned in that material as well.

About to make more electronic records here.  Time for an EEG and here comes a cart with another portable computer.

Nice to have WiFi here as well.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM

XXX XXX Hospital's Integrated Electronic Health Record System

XXX XXX Hospital's integrated system combines computerized physician order entry (CPOE) with an electronic health record, incorporating physician and nurse notes as well as lab results and radiologic images. XXX XXX Hospital's system, an initiative known internally as Genesis, electronically houses the information a physician needs to care for his or her patients, eliminating the need to use multiple systems and multiple logins. A physician portal makes the system securely accessible to physicians anywhere -- inside the hospital, or remotely at physicians' offices or even home computers.