From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2009 11:27:01 -0600
Hi all, with apologies for cross-posting and trolling, but I hope I will
make up for it. :)
First, the trolling. Wanted to remind this august group of professionals
that I am teaching the AIIM Email Management Certificate Program in Denver
next month (June 9-12 to be specific). In brief, the course covers what
email management is, the business drivers for more effective email
management, and key topics like selecting an appropriate technology,
identifying and classifying email, discovery, and alternatives to email.
Students will take a highly-interactive course filled with lots of
discussion, examples, case studies, and additional resources.

The location is not under contract yet but will most likely be the Fairfield
Inn by Marriott on Tower Road near Denver International Airport. I am
teaching both the Practitioner (2-day) and Master Class (4-day) for those
interested. In order to not bog down the list, I wrote a long blog post
about the course at
http://informata.blogspot.com/2009/05/aiim-email-management-class-in-denver.html(or
http://is.gd/xvZu if it wraps) that includes a detailed outline and the
costs of the course.

Now, to pay for this shameless trolling, I wanted to make you aware of a
couple of other email-related resources.
1. I have just started my long-promised long series on email management.
I'll be talking about many of the same things the course covers, with links
to relevant resources like sample email policies, guidance from NARA and
others, etc. You can find it on my blog at http://informata.blogspot.com.
2. I have also uploaded all of my 2009 presentations to Slideshare at
http://www.slideshare.net/jessewilkins8511. Recent uploads include my ARMA
Houston presentation on Twitter; the decks from the ARMA SCIE, ARMA Puget
Sound, ARMA Nebraska, and ARMA Central Missouri Spring Seminars; and my
presentations from AIIM. All of them are available for public download in
PPT format.
3. I have written a short series of articles for the ARMA GLA chapter
newsletter that are available through their website at
http://www.arma-gla.org/publications/newsletters/CMS/index.php/387. This
years' topics include Web 2.0; blogs; wikis; and my upcoming article on
Twitter.
4. AIIM has just released new research on email management. As always with
research of this kind, take it with a grain of salt; but it is out there and
available from AIIM's website at http://www.aiim.org.
5. Later today I will post a fairly lengthy list of email-related resources
I hope some of you will find useful. Many of them have been published here
over the years, but this is I hope a comprehensive list in one place that I
try to keep up-to-date.

And for those of you who are on Twitter, you can find me there (more than
anyplace else in fact) at http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins.

For any questions, comments, concerns, etc. please contact me directly.
--
Regards,

Jesse Wilkins
(303) 574-0749 direct line