From:
Karen Trussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 15:49:04 -0400
My company is in the process of converting to SAP and as the Records
Retention Manager, I would like to be able to provide the IT teams with best
practices for retaining the legacy records to meet regulatory and business
requirements.

Some methods we have are to:
1. Back up to tapes by retention period e.g. General Ledger records =
Permanent on its own tape.
2. Convert legacy records to text files and save to CDs.
3. Do a snapshot of the application.
4. Convert all data to SAP.

Since the electronic records contained in the systems have different retention
dates, does anyone have experience with the best way to retain and then
dispose the electronic data?

Is there anyone using SAP who knows about its retention and disposition
capabilities?

Any guidance is most appreciated.

Karen Trussler, CRM
Records Retention Manager