From:
Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 09:15:02 -0700
Whew!  I thought at first that this was from the original poster, Bill
Manago, CRM.

Hi, Donald,
"Here is my thought,
A document is not a document when it is a copy generated from another
source unless said document once received becomes the true copy for your
business or personal needs.
An attachment to an email that is internal and the source is the owner of
said attachment.
A document is not a document when it has no intrinsic value to business or
protection of quality of life.
I will now proceed to my bunker and await the fallout on this."

I thought a document was a collection of information with more organization
than just data, but not necessarily with the context to make it a record.
So that the existence of a collection of information with more organization
than information or data is a document and cannot be defined to not exist -
to not be a document.

Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre
Records Management Analyst, Senior
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Torrance, California, USA
Member - The Orange County Chapter of ARMA International
<Check out Orange County California ARMA's website at ocarma.org
Larry Medina - "RM makes the rules; IT provides the tools".