From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 15:12:25 -0400
Mark
has hit upon what many have been dancing around. It is the organization that
defines what is a record. In this case the KY AG has interpreted the law to
mean that anything and everything is a record for KY state agencies .

We can jaw back and forth about what is a document or record until the cows
come home, but it all comes down to each of our organizations will define
what a document is and what a record is based upon the organization's
business processes and the laws and regulations (and i'm not talking just
about those that have retention requirements) that affect the organization.

What one organization defines as a record will probably not apply at
another.

Peterk

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA