From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2009 18:07:59 -0400
http://shrinkster.com/16o7

Not throwing stones from my glass abode, but glad to see Google is accepting
blame now, instead of suggesting it was ATT that was at fault as it did
initially.

Interesting to note they are also widening the account to admit Google
Analytics, Docs, Maps and other services were impacted by this... originally
they would only say Gmail was affected.

While the article says they are allowed (by SLAs) about "...9 hours of
service downtime..." if I were a paying customer, especially one of the 14%
impacted by this, I would not accept an argument that this outage was a
'service downtime', it wasn't planned or announced- this was a system failure.

Larry
(yep, I'm STILL GONNA use 'em!)