From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 13:33:45 -0400
Dawn, et al:

Here is an example of a federal agency's retention of software licenses.  This is from the EPA's Records Series 170.  http://www.epa.gov/records/policy/schedule/sched/170.htm

"...Electronic files and hard-copy printouts created to monitor system usage

Includes, but is not limited to, software licenses, log-in files, password files, audit trail files, system usage files, and cost-back files used to assess charges for system use.

Disposable

Delete when it is determined that they are no longer needed for administrative, legal, audit, or other operational purposes."

Looking out over the Detroit River at Canada from the Renaissance Center in Downtown Detroit this afternoon.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM