From:
"Nemchek, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 17:20:52 -0700
Ordinarily I hate to ask these kinds of questions, but I've already done research on my end and I've come up empty.  Is there anybody in the private sector that has set a retention period for a record series described as "Client Registers and Lists?"  Such a record series would include serial lists or registers of clients used for distribution purposes, e.g., a list of client contacts produced from a database and used to facilitate a mass mailing to clients.  Does anyone - especially those working in financial institutions -- know whether there is a legal requirement to keep such client lists beyond their period of immediate use?  If not, perhaps someone out there in the financial sector has set a retention period for this type of record based on operational/administrative value.  If you can share, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

--Lee

[cid:image001.jpg@01C9DA38.6AB21810]
Lee R. Nemchek, MLS, CRM
Vice President, Records Management