From:
"Taylor, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 14:43:24 -0400
Let me clarify, we are not running a conflict report on matters.  We are
running a search for every entity the attorney submits which includes
the client name and all related parties (business or individual).  Our
system will report on the following when there is a hit:

Client & Client Affiliate

Adverse & Adverse Affiliate

* Otherwise Involved and/or Matter Descriptions (Reflects files in which
a name like the one searched appears in the matter name or as a party
other than adverse).

Pending Searches (searches ran within 90 days in which the client/matter
was not opened)

External Sources

Since the firm is over 100 years old, a search for a particular client
could easily be over a couple of hundred pages.  As we started running
into this, we began contacting the attorney and asking would they like a
filter in order not to receive such a massive report which is what I
believe Gary said he was doing.  It's these massive reports that made me
curious as to what other firms were doing.  I spoke with my Loss
Prevention Partner and agreed to get feedback from other firms before
making any decisions.

Hope this will clarify.  Thanks to all of you for your valuable
feedback.  Scott

<http://mm1.lettermark.net/smithgambrellrussell/card/OIPC_3.map>
 Scott Taylor
Records Manager