From:
"Darsch, Becky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 19:32:10 -0400
Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Gilliom <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ACA -- Each One Reach One!

Each One Reach One!

It is time for every good ACA member to come to the aid of the Party!

Reach out to your fellow Academy members and encourage them to make their way to Austin for our August 13th Party.

The Party will feature a great, live band, a giant cake, and even a surprise take-home memento. Hint: It's a beautiful little etching of a hand (Each One Reach One * get it?). A gift to the Academy by internationally-renowned artist, Derek Michael Besant, the etching is in a signed, limited-edition suitable for framing. From his series called "Touch", the image of the hand is both lovely and apt.
We in the Academy are all about hands. Twenty years ago, a few of us joined hands and leaped together into the unknown future of accreditation. Together we chose to move forward, to try.
The circle of like-minded colleagues who made up the Class of 1989 persuaded others to join * often one colleague at a time.

President Susie Maclin encouraged this with her "Each one Reach One" campaign. The success of this membership drive, combined with such innovations as the Pick Your Own site for the annual examination, and a continuing commitment to growth and development have paid off.

At 1000 members certified and re-certified over a 20-year span, the ACA is the only certification program in North America, and provides a qualification that it recognized worldwide.

In Austin on August 13, 2009, we will meet and greet each other as we do every year. Special this year, our anniversary party will give us the chance to say thank you to the Class of 1989, to say welcome to the Class of 2009, to say congratulations to every one of the Academy's members who chose to become * and remain * a Certified Archivist.

Hands down, the ACA is the best organization of consummate professional archivists we know!
Take your stylus in hand and mark August 13th on your Calendar!
_________

on behalf of the ACA

- - -