From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:54:09 -0400
Larry wrote:

"It would seem that anything of this nature generated by ARMA might be better accepted if it were a funded project under the auspices of the ARMA International Education Foundation (AIEF) or some other body, or that it at  least be supported by signatures of the authors of the principles, citing their background, experience and where the guidance was drawn from."

Larry:

You bring up an interesting question, the source of the GARP.  Although I heard of its development at the point of the public comment period opening, I do not remember any additional background on who drafted them.  I do not believe it came out of the Standards Development process of ARMA.  I believe some form of attribution is appropriate.  I believe it was adopted by the ARMA BOD earlier this spring.

Their generic nature also leaves many organizations who might wish to use the GARP as guidance needing additional resources in order to implement a RIM program, not that consultant like myself mind lending a hand :-).

Tod Chernikoff, CRM