From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 18:00:57 -0500
It's great to see that what ARMA is doing here is becoming the topic of
discussion.  I think that many of us welcome that discussion.  A few
points from my perspective, and again... .until July 1, 2009, I do not
speak on behalf of ARMA International..... but from my particular
personal perspective:

(1)     As has been noted in a number of presentations made to ARMA
members (regions and chapters), ARMA members comprise the task force
that has developed the general principles.

(2)     Given the re-regulatory environment in Washington, D.C. we - in
our profession - have a unique opportunity now to position the
profession to speak to the need for organizations of all types to adhere
to the principles that have been enunciated.

(3)     Are they complete? No, there is more work underway.  Let's give
the people who are involved the time to move forward to further flesh
out some of the details.  Let's listen to some of the presentations that
will be given at ARMA Leadership Conferences and keep our ears peeled
for future announcements, as we move forward.

(4)     There's a great site to learn more about it, with some
information that deals with questions raised already - the ARMA
International Web site.

I receive briefings fairly frequently..... I've been thrilled to see the
reception to the concept of the establishment of Generally Accepted
Recordkeeping principles, and I'm prepared to allow our volunteers and
talented staff continue the development here, while keeping me and
keeping us posted on their progress.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+