From:
"Davidson, Christopher M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 09:59:03 -0500
In general, if you place these statements on every email as boiler plate language they may lose their effect, both realistically and legally.

I do not use them for the reasons mentioned by others.  I send restricted information internally without a warning because the individuals I send to know what is restricted and have signed policy statements regarding restricted records.  Almost all contact with the public concerning records is routed through our Legal Bureau.

Christopher M. Davidson, J.D.
Senior Archivist

Records Management Office
Bureau of Office Engineer