From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 17:11:11 -0800
Sounds more like an AIIM mission statement, but then AIIM does recommend
best practices for their vendor members.

The commercial vendor storage complaints posted by the many members of this
listserv strongly indicate a need for a forum where vendors and users can
create best policies and standard practices.

What organization will be an advocate for the records managers who have
expressed a need to change commercial storage practices and policies?

Possibly one with the following values and goals:
Mission
The mission of (?) is to educate, advocate, and provide resources that
enable professionals to manage information as a critical element of
organizational operations and governance.
Values
Put members first  in everything we do
Make transparent decisions, take transparent actions
Maintain an information-sharing ethic and culture
Make educational excellence foremost in programming
Be vigilant about diversity and inclusiveness
Goals
Establish information governance standards and best practices
Advance the profession
Provide value to members

Any specific recommendations?

...John Glover