From:
John Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:03:29 -0800
PRISM members have agreed to the following:

Code of Ethics

Revised & Approved by the Board of Directors May 2007
As a member of PRISM International, we recognize our commitment to a philosophy of professionalism toward our clients, fellow members and the public.
Our commitment to each of these is:
TO OUR CUSTOMERS, WE WILL

Clearly identify the terms and conditions of our contractual agreements and fulfill them in good faith.

Maintain the confidentiality and security of client information resources.

Initiate best practices and utilize quality controls in providing information management services.

Pledge to keep our facilities, employees, controls and procedures compliant and prepared to fulfill our responsibilities.
TO OUR FELLOW MEMBERS, WE WILL

Acknowledge a shared understanding of our serious responsibility in caring for client information assets.

Communicate and cooperate effectively in order to maintain high standards of service.

Facilitate peer education and participate in information exchanges among members in order to advance and improve the industry

Work together to further the professional image of the information management industry.
TO OUR PUBLIC, WE WILL

Take seriously any ethical complaint brought against a member.

Pledge our firm to be a good corporate citizen, fulfilling responsibilities to the communities in which we serve.

Continually invest in improving industry knowledge, resources, practices, products and services.

Educate others about information management issues.

Based on statements by listserv members it would seem that the storage vendors they are using are either not members of PRISM or the vendors have decided  not to abide by their own code of conduct.

...John Glover
...707-773-1257
516 Albert Way
Petaluma, CA 94954