From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 13:42:27 -0400
>For that matter, why not push it down farther and require it as part of the
>graduation requirements at the high school level?

Well, they HAVE mapped the human genome, http://shrinkster.com/1743  so why
not simply splice it in?  At least those created in the future will know
what they're supposed to be doing!

I agree the concept of it being taught as part of a business program makes
sense, but there has been a lot of issues with getting it there.  There are
a number of Universities and even some community colleges that do address
the issue in a minor manner, but it isn't required education.

I understand there ARE course offerings on e-discovery coming into play in
law school now, so it would be logical (silly me) to assume they will be
addressing records when they discuss the concept of ESI, a data map, and the
'meet and confer' sessions as detailed in the FRCP.

If there is success in socializing the concept of the value of the RIM
Competencies beyond those of us in this profession who have/had some
exposure to ARMA, and work is done to develop courses that include decent
content to assist in bridging gaps in self identified  knowledge and skill
sets, there will be tools available to point people to to gain the necessary
knowledge.

Until then, it's up to the informed to provide knowledge to the uninformed.
 (but that gene splicing idea *IS* pretty cool! =)  )

Larry