From:
Erin Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 22:56:14 -0400
The University of Toronto's Faculty of Information Quarterly
(F/IQ)<https://fiq.ischool.utoronto.ca>established itself in October
2008, assembling interviews with several
faculty members at our iSchool, asking their views of the Faculty name
change, the implications of the iSchool movement on traditional concepts of
information and its study, and how this shift affects their specific
research and course content.

Over the past year we have solidified the journal as a space for scholarly
conversation, and we invite you to contribute your voice to this burgeoning
publication.

F/IQ seeks to create an environment for discourse on emerging issues and
topics in the Information field. It aims to create an intellectual space for
the Information community to analyse and critically assess the divergent
topics that comprise our field of study and practice. F/IQ strives to define
and direct the iSchool Movement through scholarly and professional
communications, as a means to fostering collective identity among students,
faculty and practitioners of the field.

Our upcoming summer issue is focusing on reporting on the busy conference
season. Participants, have you attended a conference or convention that
really got you thinking? Speakers, would you like to share your insight,
ideas, and tips for career development with a wider audience?

We are seeking an array of types of written work:

Feature articles are full-length papers of no more than 5,000 words, which
take the form of an academic paper and including a thesis and supporting
arguments, full citations to academic resources, and a scholarly tone.

Thought and Opinion Pieces are shorter, less scholarly items that exhibit
reflective, thought-provoking insights about a particular phenomenon or
observation that pertains to the Information field.These pieces are shorter
and may not have extensive citations, but illustrate an opinion or
conclusion that is original and  well-informed.

Reviews - of a book, a software program, or some other medium of a scholarly
nature - are  175-200 words long, and include a brief statement of the
thesis or description of the contents, a critical appraisal of both
substance and execution, and an indication of the book's value for the
Information community.

F/IQ encourages submissions of a broad constellation of works on the study
of Information in all of its forms, including but not limited to: archival
science, accessibility studies, book history and print culture, critical
theory, cultural informatics, health informatics, information studies,
information systems, library science, museum studies, media and
communications studies, and technology studies. Past issues can be viewed at
https://fiq.ischool.utoronto.ca

The deadline for submission is June 30.

If you are interested in submitting an item to the F/IQ, please contact
[log in to unmask] for more details regarding the submission process.

On behalf of the editorial team, thanks for reading, and we look forward to
your submission!

Erin Kent
Marketing and Communications Officer
The Faculty of Information Quarterly
The iSchool at the University of Toronto