From:
Abdul Rahman Mohd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 2009 06:16:17 -0400
Hi everybody. I am a Records Analyst from an oil and gas company in Qatar.
Currently our Records Centre is under the General Services Department which
mainly deals with housing, transport, etc. It's obvious that we are under the
wrong department. My questions are:

1. What would be the right department to be under?
2. Would it be appropriate, if we are under the Records Management Dept.
(our proposal) or under the Information Governance Department as suggested
by our management. What's the advantages / disadvantages of both?
3. To whom should the department report to and why?
4. Is there anybody who can help me with a sample of an organisation chart of
Records Management dept. or Records Management under a broader group
such as Information Governance?

Thank you all for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Abdul Rahman, Records Analyst, QP.