From:
Kelly_Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:59:05 -0400
Phoenix has a whole bunch of Tweetups every Friday (or mostly every Friday),
and it is all arranged on Twitter (with confirmations on Yelp).  We have #pfn
(Phoenix Friday Night), #evfn (East Valley Friday Night), #wvfn (West Valley
Friday Night), #nvfn (North Valley Friday Night), and #lrfn (Light Rail Friday
Night)--those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.  My husband
and I (and the kids) have attended #wvfn and #lrfn a few times.

You'd be surprised at the different types of people who come...mostly regular
people, but some are techies, and some are not.  I have been to places I
would not have known existed to 'tweetup' with other people, who I only know
by their Twitter name.

I think it can be a great tool for keeping in communication...but you do have
to remember that people exist outside of their computer 'life', and that's why
it is good to sometimes meet (if possible!) the people who you are reading
about.  I follow a few records management people...and they don't always
tweet about records management stuff, but I think I've learned a few things
just from reading the tweets.