From:
Josh McLane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:49:12 -0400
If there is any color coding in the drawings to represent material types etc. that would be a reason within itself to move to color scanning. In cases without any such color restraints, I cannot think of any reason as to why the document must be kept in the color form, as long as in your schedules the scanning as grayscale and storage electronically for the remainder of retention is mentioned and adhered to. Additionally, weigh the benefit of color with the increase in storage volume necessary for said color.

Josh McLane