From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:03:06 -0700
Lori, I advise including all the details that might be necessary for
non-records folks (attorneys, investigators, auditors, etc.) to identify
those records in the event of a future disaster.

Record number - link to pertinent record series on your retention
policy schedule
Record title
Box ID number
Dates of records in box
Department - owner of records  (division too if applicable; contact
name also)
Destruction date per current retention policy
Container list (or link/reference) if RIM has it
Classification, if applicable (Vital; Historic; Inactive, etc.)
Hold Order, if applicable

BTW, how are things in Cowtown?

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 6/17/2009 11:48 AM >>>
We are in the process of creating an index to list the boxes we send
off-site that includes a destruction date.  We are not sure what fields
we should include.  Any suggestions?
<snip>