From:
"Tucker, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:34:52 -0400
"We are in the process of creating an index to list the boxes we send
off-site that includes a destruction date.  We are not sure what fields
we should include.  Any suggestions?"

Lori:

Having worked in the construction field, my perspective is geared toward
those fields on which you may be searching and retrieving records, e.g.
Owner, Architect, Property Address, Permit #, Project Name/Number,
Contract #, Project Close-out Date, etc.  Unless each project has its
own box, you may want to consider indexing the records at the file
level.  And, if any of the projects were for government entities, there
may be some requirements in the contract regarding receiving approval
from that entity before any records can be destroyed.  If your company
performs work for the government, either as prime or subcontractor, you
might want to include a Y/N field regarding whether records require
external approvals before destruction.

Best of luck with this!

Sandra Tucker
RIM Project Manager