From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:51:21 -0400
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Quick note to clarify my email and respond to Peter's question.

very interesting twitter comment jesse

"Done with the fight on RECMGMT-L, I hope. It's the value of the tool, not
the name on the cover, that should be the prime consideration. "

http://twitter.com/jessewilkins

so a simple question from an ARMA member is considered to have started a
fight? not hardly

the item from AIIM (or is it the rmcompetency.org) is a simple 13 question
assessment that assesses not an INDIVIDUAL'S RM competency (as implied in
the original message), but rather the RM competency of an organization. The
questions are multiple choice. After answering the questions you are
provided with a broad assessment of the organization. Plus you get two links
one  points you to an HP brochure based upon your score. t(I expected that
since they sponsored it) and the other points to AIIM training.

I find it interesting that the banner on the webpage says AIIM but the
website url is

http://www.rmcompetency.org/, which is based in the UK, and was only created
on May 20, 2009.

so of what value is the tool Jesse? to whom is it more valuable? AIIM, HP or
the individual taking the "assessment"?  I suspect that it is of more value
to AIIM and HP since it links to AIIM training and HP gets a list of
potential customers.

I see a lot of online training some vendor, some association, but I would
not in my wildest dreams ever thought of promoting this as something that
RIM Professionals would have found useful. IMHO I see no value to an
individual or an organization with taking this "assessment". Would you as a
RM Professional take the results of this assessment into your management?

and I am still surprised that someone who sits on the ARMA BoD would promote
this.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va