From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:24:45 -0700
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Stephen Smith <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>However, I just completed the AIIM self-assessment tool and I must say that
I was underwhelmed.  It took me 5 minutes to >complete and it let me know at
what stage my organization is.  I read through the description of the stage
and I must admit that >the overall description was fairly accurate.  This is
where my company is right now.  We have made progress and there is still
>much to do.  To me, the link to the HP guide is nothing more than a pitch
to buy their software and services.
>I didn't really learn anything new by taking this assessment other than to
confirm again where the company is.  And to answer >Peter's last question, I
would not take the results into my boss because he already knows what I
know...We have a lot of work >still to do.
I decided to check it out as well.  After the 6th question I got this
feeling that the "Assessment" was more of a marketing pitch and stopped.  I
doubt if I had continued completing the survey the results wouldn't have
told me what I already didn't know about the condition of my program.  I
also suspect I would be receiving a call from a vendor(s) attempting to sell
me some product or service.

If you are fairly new to records management taking the assessment might have
some value.  But for those of us who have been in the profession for a while
I don't see it as much of a tool.

--
Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Orange County, CA