From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:54:47 -0400
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> But email is a HORRIBLE way to collaborate for too
> many reasons to mention.

I 'respectfully' ask that you enumerate for us the reasons why using an
email tool such as YG is a horrible way to colloborate since iwith YG a
SINGLE email address is used for the sending of messages?

> Oh, and with regards to this: <snip> well if you use YG properly you don't
> get attachment overload. you upload the file then send out a notice with a
> link thus no overload</snip>
>
> It's like deleting the previous message from a thread to save electrons and
> digest users' sanity - almost nobody actually does it. It *would* be useful
> if organizations and users did, but they don't.

and so you find it easier to send the attachment then a link to the
document. sheesh

well since you don't get the emails from digest user complaining about the
retained messages let me suggest that you take the digest version of the
listserv for at least two weeks to see what it is like. at one time
retaining previous messages were necessary due to the limitations of the
software and the storage capacity of systems. when replying to a physical
letter do you copy the original message and send it back with your reply?.
If you get a postcard in the mail due you make a copy of it and send it back
to the sender saying thank you.

failing to edit out previous messages is downright lazy.

editing a reply takes little or no effort

> Respectfully submitted

are you sure?
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA