From:
"Foster, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 23:25:36 -0500
Ginny,

Thank you for your advice.  I have a paperback version of the book from ARMA, which we are using to develop the competencies piece of the proposal for the change in how my position is banded.  That information is most valuable.

My job description was originally based on the ARMA job descriptions publication, but I will certainly purchase an updated copy.

I am also looking for information from users in this list on the following pieces of information.  Having this information from other RM professionals will be incredibly valuable when it comes time to discuss this with our HR department.

1)      What is the name of your job title/position?

2)      How are records and information management positions classified within your organization?

3)      Does your organization have a classification and compensation system that focuses on career bands?

		a.       If you answered yes to number 3, how are your records and information management positions 						classified?

Thank you all for your advice, it is most appreciated.

Chris