From:
"Grevin, Fred" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 12:25:06 -0400
Under a link from the page Jesse posted is an announcement that states
(amongst other things) "And to help customers comply with regulations
that may exist specific to their industry, we're adding email retention
so that IT administrators can set up policies to determine when email
will be purged."

It will be interesting to see how THAT works out in practice.

If you start from the page Jesse posted, the link is in the last
paragraph but one "Indeed, today we're also announcing some other Google
Apps features ..."

Best regards.

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin
Deputy Commissioner and Chief Information Officer
The City of New York,
Department of Records
Email: [log in to unmask]
Land phone: 212.788.8615