From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 10:17:04 -0700
I appreciate all the advice so far!  I now have several more websites to check out.

A couple of comments:

Of course, my points were fleshed out to include some of the ideas mentioned.  The "champion" some of you mentioned has been one of my points in presentations; thanks for reminding me to include it in this list!

Our state law that allows the funding sets aside half of the money to operate my office and to eventually offer grants, but so far we don't have enough participation to fund the grants -- or staff to manage them.  Some other states use regrants from NHPRC for this.  It's on my to-do-in-the-future list.

Tim Barnard