From:
"A.S.E. Fairfax" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 2009 12:25:43 -0700
Hi--

Having been the pivotal person in charge of beginning such programs at least
3 times in my career, starting from ground zero, I would say that the most
important thing is not yet on your list.

That is: Recruit top-level management to support you by whatever means
necessary.  These folks have to believe that there will be benefits for them
and for the agency if you expect to get them to pay your program the respect
and lip-sevice it will require, and that will be a significant amount in the
beginning.  This will mean finding out what hot buttons there are and how
your program will help them and make them look good in addition to adding
substance and efficiency.  Network, research, and make friends with their
secretaries!

A.S.Elizabeth Fairfax, MA, CA
Island County Records and Information Management Program
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
x5569