From:
Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:15:57 -0400
Hi all,

I received an inquiry from someone attempting to build a private-sector
document retention schedule in California. I provided a few links and some
information, but I told him you were the experts and if he wanted, I'd post
the request here for him. I will compile the responses to the listserv and
forward them to him, but if any of you would like to send him a direct
response, his contact information is below.  He works for a law firm, and
here's his request. And if I didn't do this correctly - sorry, Peter. This
is the first one I've posted for someone else.

--- request ---

I am in  the process of suggesting a best practices for our firm's
California Document Retention Requirements.  I did not see anything specific
to CA on the website and was hoping to find a template of best practices to
start with.  Would you be able to point me in the right direction?   Any
help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.  I am starting from
scratch and learning as I go.

Thank you and kind regards,

Jeffrey S. Talcott
Office Administrator