From:
"Mrozak, Suzanne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:44:40 -0400
Oh font of knowledge, I appeal to you! It's (finally) a lovely summer
Friday in Cambridge, but I am working hard on a presentation we'll be
giving at ARMA in Orlando in October. (Somehow, at the moment, October
seems alarmingly close, especially since the deadline to submit the
slides is August 7th!)

The title of our session is "The Culture Challenge: Marketing Your IRM
Program." We'll be talking about the approach we are taking to market a
global information and records management program within a corporate
culture that is "entrepreneurial, decentralized, and collaborative."

As part of our presentation, we are planning a breakout session to give
attendees the opportunity to work out an approach to marketing an IRM
program in a corporate culture that is at least somewhat akin to their
own. To that end, we are developing some fictitious entities (e.g., a
government agency, an academic institution, a financial services
institution, a retail store) that we can assign three organizational
traits to (as I did above for Genzyme). My problem is that I've been at
Genzyme for so long (16 years) that I don't have a good idea of what
other corporate cultures are like.

So my question for you is "How do you characterize your own corporate
culture?" If anyone is willing to take a stab at describing your
corporate culture (in very general terms), I'd really appreciate it. Is
it bureaucratic, hierarchical, process-oriented, results-driven,
risk-averse, role-based? Other?

Thanks in advance. (And I hope to see some of you early-risers at ARMA.
We're scheduled for 8 AM on Friday October 16th.)

Cheers,

Suzanne

Suzanne Mrozak | Director | Global Information and Records Management

Genzyme Corporation | 500 Kendall Street Cambridge, MA 02142 |
617-768-6549