From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:17:02 -0600
Hi all, and with apologies for cross-posting,

I have decided to start a new blog focused just on my articles, columns, and
longer posts (here and on my other blog). The reason I did this is to allow
those of you who are ARMA chapter leaders to get ideas for your newsletter
and/or take any of these articles to republish in your newsletter. For
example, I wrote a series of articles for ARMA Greater Los Angeles this year
that might be valuable to other chapters. I retain the rights to them and am
happy to have other chapters use them if you find them useful - kind of
similar to the syndicated columns model you see in many newspapers.

I write on a variety of topics, including but not limited to imaging, ECM,
email management, ERM, Web 2.0, digital preservation, professional
development, and others. I do NOT write these to promote my employer,
vendors, or any particular association, though there is certainly the
possibility that the articles are of tangential benefit to one or more of
them. Instead, I think they are pretty neutral and educational in nature and
I think those of you who have read my articles in IMJ/IM or E-DOC/Infonomics
will agree that I don't carry water for anyone.

The articles are free to use - both permission-wise and cost-wise. As I
noted in the first post on the blog, the only thing I ask is that you
attribute the article to me. In other words don't steal - it's bad karma. I
also would prefer that you let me do the editing if required. I usually
write to about 800-1000 words and it's easy for me to make them shorter if
you have a specific word length in mind; at some point in the future I will
probably write two versions at the same time, a longer one and a short,
400-500-word version.

The blog is currently up but doesn't have much on it. You can find it at
http://jessewilkins.wordpress.com . Over the next couple of weeks I will put
a bunch more stuff out there, including the articles I wrote last year and
at least a couple dozen other articles on email management, Web 2.0, ECM,
imaging, ERM, etc.

At least for the moment all the articles will be my own; at some point I may
open it up to additional authors, but right now I want to get it up and
useful before I mess with it too much. That said, if you have written
something that you're willing to make this widely available, let's talk.

I also want to note that I don't do this out of any assumption that what I
write is valuable, that I'm "all that", or anything of the sort. Instead, I
hope it will serve the purposes above as well as let me experiment with the
other leading free blogging platform (Wordpress) and with some other things.
If you find it of value, awesome; if you don't, no harm.

One more thing - I will probably try to send out an email later in the year
to all chapter presidents and newsletter editors offering this to them. It
is not my intent to spam, but rather to provide what I hope will be a
valuable resource.

Respectfully submitted on behalf of myself and no other company,
organization, association, entity, or board of directors,

jesse

(303) 574-0749 direct

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins