From:
"Kelso, Craig" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:27:37 -0500
I am posting this for another section of our office. If you  have any
questions you can contact the Archives at 573-751-4236 or
[log in to unmask] The application form can be found at
http://www.sos.mo.gov/jobs.asp. Thanks.

Craig Kelso, CRM, CA
Director of Records Management
Office of the Secretary of State
Records Management Division
600 W. Main
Jefferson City, MO 65101
573-751-4502

OFFICE OF THE MISSOURI SECRETARY OF STATE
Vacancy Notice

To our applicants with disabilities:  If you need assistance with this
or any phase of the employment process, please contact our Personnel
Office at (573) 526-7319.  Reasonable attempts will be made to
accommodate your needs.

POSITION TITLE	STARTING SALARY
Research Analyst I	$2,383-$2,643/month

LOCATION	DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
State Information Center
600 West Main Street
Jefferson City, MO 65102	Records Services-Archives

DEFINITION:
This is a professional position involving difficult and complex work
comprising a variety of tasks requiring independent decisions within
established practices.  This individual plans and lays out the work and
sees it to completion.

Under the general supervision of the Senior Reference Archivist, the
Research Analyst I performs necessary work to assure the accessibility
and dissemination of accurate historical information to researchers.
This position includes all aspects of genealogical and state government
research.  This individual may maintain Archives' finding aids and
research, compile and analyze data for special projects, and prepare
reports.

JOB FUNCTIONS AND General Responsibilities:
*	Responds to telephone, e-mail, USPS mail, and in-person requests
from Archives' customers including land patent, census, military,
county, municipal, and state agency records.

*	Assists Senior Reference Archivist with developing, creating,
and updating Archives' finding aids.

*	Provides in-house tours, programs, and workshops.

*	Promotes Missouri State Archives through speaking engagements.

*	Willingness to accept direction, but self-starting; must be able
to work under pressure to meet deadlines.

*	Accessions, arranges, and describes state and federal documents
received by the State Archives.

*	Performs all other tasks assigned by the State Archivist or
Senior Reference Archivist.

KNOWLEDGE, Skills, AND ABILITIES:
*	Knowledge of sources, methods, and techniques used in historical
research.

*	Working knowledge of modern office methods and practices
including computers and Microsoft Office.

*	General knowledge of American history with a specific knowledge
of Missouri history and government.

*	Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with associates, elected officials and their staffs,
private groups, and the public.

*	Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in
writing.

*	Basic knowledge of archival principles and established archival
practices.

*	Basic knowledge of state and federal documents and arrangement
and description of same.

Qualifications:
A bachelor's degree in history, archival administration, historical
administration, or library science (with an archival component) is
required.  A master's degree in history, archival administration,
historical administration, or library science (with an archival
component) is preferred.  Must be able to lift and carry a forty-pound
box and climb a ladder to retrieve materials.

Posting Period:	Position posted July 28, 2009.  The minimum posting
period will end: August 28, 2009.  After the minimum posting period, the
position may be closed to new applicants and filled at any time.

Application Procedures:	 Application materials (cover letter, resume,
completed application) may be mailed to:
		 Attention:  Research Analyst I, Human Resources,
Office of the Secretary of State, P.O. Box 1767.  Jefferson City, MO
65102. EOE