From:
"Amy J. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:16:20 -0400
Thank you all for your responses, suggestions and words of encouragement.

I am a graduate of Wayne State's library school (class of 1999) and so I'll
be going back there this September for their RIM certification program (or,
I should say, I'll be taking their classes online).

As was previously discussed, RIM is not a new profession, but it was fairly
new to librarians when I was attending library school.  I even considered it
as my concentration, but decided against it because I wanted to work in a
public library.  Oh well, better late than never...

It seems like RIM jobs are available everywhere in the US, but Michigan's
market is very weak right now.  It looks like I'll have to be very savvy
because I cannot move at this point. I'm crossing my fingers that things
will change within the next couple of years.

Thanks again - maybe I'll get to meet some of you at a future ARMA meeting!

Amy Lee