From:
Maureen Cusack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 2009 17:55:40 -0700
Well the distinction between raw data and final 'record' gets blurred with
big complex systems: there may be two dozen middle processing steps, each of
which produces records that accumulate rapidly in that particular location
(on that server processed by that module of the software) which may be more
or less readable by non-system experts (e.g. by attorneys). These 'raw
data' middle-step processing records may specifically be required in law
suits when the issue is the way the system processed the data; so the data
in module 1 must be compared with the same data in module 2 and so on
through the data's journey to becoming a final record that, for example was
the basis of a company decision and/or  that was mailed to a customer.

Maureen

--
Maureen,