From:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:13:10 -0400
Ref Virginia Jones, Aug 7, 2009 statement:  "Each customer "record" is a compilation of data from several databases."

I wonder how many of us view a record as something that might include bits and pieces in several different databases, perhaps in mulple applications and might include both hardcopy, esi, or any other combinations of forms and media?

What is the coolest part of this is that Virginia's company and tech support has understood that concept and had the forsight to be able to isolate and remove unique pieces of information without causing the system to crash.

IMHO, in our conversations with business owners and tech support, this interrelationship must be understood by all participants and therefore should be one of our highest priorities and strongest selling points for incorporating RM into IT soluctions.

Tom Owens
RIM Manager/Consultant