From:
Tony Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:10:10 -0400
Hello All-

CMS Watch no longer publishes a separate evaluation of RM products.  We
folded RM into our broader evaluation of "ECM" vendors
(http://www.cmswatch.com/ECM/Report).  That report does cover a couple of
"pure-play" RM vendors....of which there are fewer now than five years ago....

Of course, RM is one of the most important facets we cover in a vendor's
offering (along with imaging, DM, process mgmt, etc.).  And as you probably
know, the RM component of some larger "suites" is actually sometimes a
separate and not always particular "sweet" product within that constellation.

I'll echo Steve's comment about specific business requirements, which is why
you need to be cautious about all-encompassing "best" or "leading" vendor
lists. We try to review across different business scenarios and industry
competencies, but -- as much as I value research, it's my job after all --
at the end of the day there is no substitute for running a careful
proof-of-concept (ideally a competitive one) before you sign a contract with
any technology supplier.

Tony Byrne
Founder
CMS Watch
www.cmswatch.com
Twitter @TonyByrne

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:32:25 -0400, Daniell, Yvonne
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>We found the CMS Watch RM Report to be helpful when we were first
investigating RM apps prior to going out with an RFP. We were only
considering DoD 5015 certified applications, and, while the report had
detailed info on some and minimal info on others, it was still well worth
the money for an "unbiased" assessment; we purchased the team license.

>Yvonne Daniell
>Records Program Manager
>Loudoun Water

Of Steve Petersen