From:
"William W. LeFevre" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:55:50 -0400
Dear Maureen (and others):

Well, generally it doesn't.  Average time while I've be the Regent (since January) has been about 2 weeks between the time the application hits my mailbox and a letter (actually an email.  Steve Whitaker isn't the only one who hates paper.  BTW Steve, you still breathing? Can't believe you haven't chimed in yet) goes out.  You do need to take into account two things.  First, the application goes to our business office in Syracuse for processing before it is mailed out to me for review and approval. Second, we're a volunteer board without a big HQ staff and sometimes I have to let the applications sit for a day or two if I'm busy with other stuff (work, a seven year old son, etc...).  The good news is we're working hard on getting the whole application process online (including payments)- which should compress the time frame for approving applications quite a bit.

William

William LeFevre, CRM
Regent, Certification Standards, ICRM