From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:22:57 -0500
I've been brought into the mix ( Late or course and only because I've
screamed/hollered) of an IT project to quit backing up servers at our US
domestic location sites.  The project involves using a WAN line to back-up
these servers up to a vault at our corporate location.  The RFP is
prepared and ready to send but they really don't want to share the
requirements,etc.  When I inquired about the project they implied it
really didn't pertain to RM which I disagreed with and was pretty much
dismissed.  They then decided to ask what my concerns are and what
requirements RM might need.   I'm being SHORT timed on this and want to be
sure my list is as complete as possible.  My initial reaction includes
Security, Redundancy,DR, Business Continuity,Litigation hold implications,
data mapping, Vital records, where and how being vaulted, specs for the
vault area, and the list goes on.

My question is what am I missing ?  I'm a little technology challenged and
while I'm open to the idea if done correctly get the feeling I'm getting
the pat on the head - it will be OK treatment.  Am I just being paranoid
again

Thanks in advance

Steve Petersen CRM
Records Manager