Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:32:18 GMT
Cory, I strongly reccommend some of the online courses to get a good grip on the fundamentals of RIM as well as their applications to related fields. They may not make you an immediate pro, but knowing them will give you a needed foundation for todays's RIM applications'
Bill Benedon
oduce myself to this list and solicit a little profession
al advice while I’m at it.
I am about to begin the final year of my MSIS program at the UT Austin Scho
ol of Information and have a strong interest in Records and Information Man
agement especially in the context of R&D organizations.  I have acquired a
comprehensive background in R&D over the last 9 years, working as both a
research technician and research administrator.  I also have a Master’s d
egree in Curriculum and Instruction and am interested in the training and l
earning aspects of RIM as well.
I am a member of ARMA and will be attending ARMA Austin chapter meetings at
the next available opportunity.  Can anyone provide some advice on where I
might find some part-time opportunities to learn the nuts and bolts of RIM
while I finish my degree?
Thanks to all for any advice or guidance you can offer.
I look forward to collaborating with, and learning from, everyone here
in the future.
Thanks!
Cory Welch
UT School of Information