From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:45:49 -0400
The same idea as Ginny's came to mind with one addition.  When I ran a
municipal records center a few years back, we did some of the destruction
ourselves (shredding of especially confidential records) but we did not have
to bale them.  We put them in these large wheeled tubs and our recycling
vendor took them away.  Our general destruction process was to get a city
trash truck to haul away about 500 boxes a quarter to the waste-to-energy
plant where they would be burned/turned into electricity  Once burned the
plant would send a destruction certificate.  Ironically our records center
was formerly the city's incinerator!

Tod Chernikoff, CRM

PS - Jackie - is this still the case?