From:
Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:25:24 -0700
Sheryl:

(1)	I would look for a more general purpose scanner that can be used
later for other applications.  You will want to be able to handle size up to
legal.  A custom solution will not generalize easily.
(2)	Since you are going to be scanning card stock, a scanner that bends
the paper as it goes thru is not going to be a good choice.  That is a shame
because most scanners you can buy work like that.  And it needs to have
duplex scanning.
(3)	Find a software package that will work with that scanner.  If the
cards have a form, then you will want to have support for reading the
information off the cards as fields (zonal OCR if printed, zonal ICR if
handwritten).  If all you want is the text off the page, then you need full
page OCR/ICR support.

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, ICP, EDP
Principal Consultant
IMERGE Consulting, Pacific Northwest Office
7683 SE 27 Street, #316
Mercer Island, WA, 98040
Office: 206-230-9253; Mobile: 206-979-7389